Carpet Overlocking & Mats:
What is Overlocking?
- Overlocking, also known as "serging" or "whipping," is a method used to finish the edges of fabrics, carpets, and mats. The process involves sewing a thread over the edge of the material to prevent fraying and to give it a clean, finished look.
Applications of Overlocking
- Carpets and Rugs: To extend their lifespan and improve appearance.
- Clothing: Commonly used in garment manufacturing to secure seams.
- Home Decor: Used in curtains, tablecloths, and other fabric-based items.
Why is Overlocking Important?
- Durability: It prevents the edges from fraying, thereby extending the life of the material.
- Aesthetics: Provides a clean, finished look.
- Customization: Allows for cutting materials to custom sizes without worrying about frayed edges.
Types of Overlocking We Offer
- Standard Overlocking - Perfect for most types of carpets and mats.
- Blind Overlocking - For a seamless and less visible finish.
- Wide Overlocking - Ideal for thicker or plush materials.
Materials We Work With: Wool Yarn
Why Choose Our Services?
- Expertise - Our team is highly skilled and experienced.
- Quality - We use the best materials and techniques.
- Customization - Tailored solutions to meet your needs.
DIY vs Professional
While DIY options exist, they often lack the precision and durability that our professional services offer.
- Material: Different materials may require specialized overlocking techniques.
- Color Matching: The thread should ideally match the material's color.
- Quality: Always research or ask for samples when opting for professional services.
Overlocking is an invaluable technique for enhancing the durability and aesthetics of carpets, rugs, and mats.
For more information or to request a quote, please email us or call us at (09) 815-9625.
Monday to Friday 09:00 AM - 18:00 PM
Saturday 10:00 AM - 16:00 PM
Sunday 10:00 AM - 14:00 PM